Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ooh, that smell! The smell of death surrounds you (5)

So there I Was a few weeks ago, sitting on the couch, playing Minecraft.  I had just taken off my shoes when my man came home...walked in the living room... and promptly asked me if I vomited and why it smelled like vomit.

Hello everybody, my name is Klutzz and I have a MAJOR foot odor problem.

**phew** now that that's off my chest I feel a little better.  I feel closer to you guys, my readers too.  Hell, I have repressed memories of an elementary school all-girls sleepover where I was forced to keep my shoes on all night **hides face in shame...single dramatic tear running down cheek.**

Sorry about that.  Had a moment.

ANYWHO, yes it's a problem, especially in the summer when I just sort of stop wearing socks all together.  My flats become pretty toxic which is dangerous in the small apartment I have.

So, I was quite excited when I found "27 Life Hacks Every Girl Should Know About" and it had these cute little baking soda pouches to put in your shoes when you are not using them.  I decided to make some STAT!  They took me less then five minutes and seem to be helping so far!!!  So rejoice fellow rank footed friends, I have found relief for all of us!

First, get yourself together this shit:

-Baking soda
-squares of cloth whatever size you want your pouches
-Ribbon or string


If you recognize the cloth I used...good eye!  It is left over from making my aprons out of dress shirts.  I also thought the left over Halloween ribbon with monsters on it would be perfect for the occasion.

Once you have your materials assembly is easy.  I didn't even measure my baking soda just dumped what looked like a suitable amount in the middle of the square, gathered the corners together and tied the ribbon around the pouch.



For my fellow LARP nerds out there, this is just spell packets made with baking soda instead of bird seed.  I will eventually be doing an in depth spell packet crafting week AND boffers (which will be a great review since I've never made one ever so I'll learn with you).  For the rest of you that do not know what this is... I'm sorry... my geek is showing.  Pardon me.  I feel I should slowly introduce you into my geek.  You can't just go from smell feet to "I run around in the woods dressed like I live in a castle and hit people with foam swords teehee."

It's a bit of a culture shock.

But, I digress....

This week was a fun crafting journey.  I laughed...I cried...I fixed a possible problem in my relationship ;)

Next Week I fix another problem.  My purse monster scratching the shit out of my sunglasses.  PADDED SUNGLASSES CASE weeeeeeee

See You Next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment