Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Running from Zombies Date Night!

Where I live... there is nothing to do.  I mean nothing.  Most businesses close at 5 pm, past 8 there's restaurants bars or Walmart.  That's about it.  So, coming up with fun, interesting things to do can be a huge problem.  I've found myself getting more and more creative when it comes to still trying to do fun things with a "date" my fiance.

The good thing is, creative usually lead to more fun.  For example, last weekend was one of the first nice weather weekends we've had.  I took him running from zombies.  The idea started when I found a set of key chains from etsy seller Maui Waui Stamping.  (AWESOME seller for the record!)


This was when my idea started to come together.  a few months before I had downloaded the free android app Zombie, Run!, but never got much time to mess around with it.  Well, I started looking at it and thought that I could have a blast forcing my fiance to "run from zombies."  It's made for runners, but anyone can use it for fun really.  It works with google maps and puts zombies of a speed you pick on your route that you need to avoid to stay alive and make it to your destination.



I even debated waking him up by yelling "lets go zombie apocalypse time" while throwing a bag of supplies at him, but he enjoys his sleep and I thought that would be a little TOO mean.  Next, I needed a place.  I picked a hiking trail area near us that has a lot of big fields.  I told him we were having a picnic and we did.  It wasn't until after that I gave him his half of the key chain and we screamed and giggled running from zombies.  

We took turns holding the phone and being Zombie look out and we only died twice.  I got the chance to "propose" back when I gave his the key chain.  I got on one knee and asked him to formally be my zombie apocalypse partner.  It was a blast for less than a semi-fancy meal in a restaurant (not even a good meal... just semi fancy)

Got any unique date ideas?  Comment!!!


No....really.....please share.  It's REALLY boring where I live.  I need ideas! :P

See you next Tuesday!!!

2 comments:

  1. I had so much fun doing this! Thank you lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet another place I'm reminded of you to remember that even though a year ago you wanted to marry me and spent four years with me, now you are proving exactly what I told you for years. You won't even talk to me... just about me... everywhere. I'm still here. Talk about me to my face or not at all.

      Delete