Tuesday, June 10, 2014

See My Vest!?!



So I got bored last weekend and decided to huff some bleach... by accident... as I was making art of course.  I found this T-shirt to Vest Upcycle pin, and this Lace Bleach Dying Technique pin and got adventurous.  I found some old doilies at a Goodwill and have been dying to bleach em.  So I decided to test it out.  Also, if you like this, be ready for a few more bleach dying projects coming up.  I'm on a binge.

Step 2: fold in half an cut as shown.



Step 3: Unfold and cut straight up the middle of the front.



Step 4: even out the line from the shoulder to the edge (post it's below for visibility)








You don't need to be too precise.  It all rolls up on the edges anyway.














Step 5: Lay out news paper



Step 6: Get your doily and bleach.  I used a 50/50  bleach and water mix.  I didn't have to do as much to protect my shirt from dripping as I'm spraying a silhouette, but for stencil designs /r/bleachshirts has a great tutorial on its sidebar.


Step 7: Spray a little at a time and wait for it to start lightening until you achieve the color you want.







Step 8: Dunk the shirt into cold water to stop the bleaching process.  I hand washed mine immediately then hung to dry.  (the yellow washed out with the bleach)














Step 9: Do the other side.  I decided to do the same angle rather than mirror it.















Step 10:  Tie bows (or shirt cuttings like the pin showed) on both front straps and where they meet in the back.













Step 11: Wear that shit!
















Wear it good!
















See you next Tuesday!

2 comments: