Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Random Acts of Craft



I have always loved every type of crafting I could get the supplies for and teach myself how to do.  I've been crafting for 30 years now... and I still believe that nothing beats that feel you get when you make something awesome for someone you love out of the blue.

I use my friends as my guinea pigs, my inspiration, my product testers.  how am I supposed to tell if the awesome wrap boots I just copied are going to hold up unless I make a few pairs for my friends who LOVED them to try and destroy too?

Sometimes though I just want to make them a gift that's tailored to them and their awesome tastes without any hidden motives. ;P  Sharpie mugs are the BEST for these!!!

You can find stencils for anything you could possibly think of online already  (if you can't find searching for stencil try "silhouette") and other than that all you need is a set of porcelain markers, a mug (dollar store) and the ability to somehow fake knowing how to draw!  If you mess up, use a little rubbing alcohol to get the sharpie off, and one your done bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes to set!  Now go make someone randomly happy!!!  Last week I bought a case of mugs and the man and I made one for everyone we know.  It was a lot of fun, a good date night with the man.  Giving them out was the most fun though.  Now you try.  Go make someone happy!



See you next Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. I had a lot of fun doing this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE the Cthulhu one you did too!!!!!

      Delete
    2. I hate that it doesn't show the "Klutzz" nickname on comments :/ (anyone know how to fix that?)

      Delete