Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Taking care of business! (2)

Thanks to reddit /r/sewing (link to sub not thread... I lost it)  I learned a ghetto life hack way to fix a guy's work pants.  You know, the ones they don't really care about.  My live in male model for my projects does a lot of moving at work so provides me with practice.  Yes, I know it's a little sloppy, but if you match the color of the thread and the fabric it's not as bad.  I also used the first ripped pair as patches to sew onto the back and just added more stitches where the pants were more frayed.  To top it off it's usually on a part of the pants you don't see anyway.




So I started by cutting the bottom off the first pair into a rectangle patch and pinned it to the inside of the pants.  So there I was sewing at about an [8] and was so happy with how the pants turned out... until I went to fold them and realized on leg was way shorter than the other and I had in fact "fixed" the scrap pair.

Alas, the day is saved because I just hemmed them into shorts and still had plenty of cloth for patches for the stack that has been accumulating since I said I was going to get a sewing machine.  It was good practice to get back into it again.  I hadn't sewn in almost 8 years.

Welp, that's my crafting session this week.  I know... yawn.

Next Week, Upcycling an old men's button up into an apron!!

Have fun!!  See you next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment