Friday, July 19, 2013

To Sew is to Know Peace (1)

Like that fancy title?  I thought it sounded wise and intelligent.  Anywho...

 Welcome to Running with Scissors.  Here is my place for sharing crafting sessions, pinterest fails and successes, items in my etsy shop.  I'm an opinionated SOB so I'm sure I'll get some ranting in too.  Basically I want this to be a hub for all my intranet activities.  My empire if you will. **EVIL LAUGH**

I'll talk to EVERYONE that will listen (no really I don't shut up...at all) So feel free to comment, e-mail, @ me on twitter.  I don't deal with snark, trolls, and insults to anyone on my page.  So adults only... I'm not a kid person anyway.  Also, If you're a grammar nazi type you may just want to leave now.  I understand and can use grammar meticulously when needed, but I prefer to keep it casual online and use punctuation to reflect the way I talk rather then by the rules.  You'll understand when I get a few videos up.

and now I'd like to introduce you to my new sewing machine.  I got this steal on my local facebook "Tag Sales" group.  He doesn't have a name yet (suggestions welcome).


The first thing I realized was that I needed a better pin cushion.  So I whipped on together out of some ribbon, an elastic, and a pocket form an old pair of jeans stuffed with cloth scraps.  My first order of business after that?  Making a hat for the cat my co-workers daughter keeps at my office.

Nothing like a little surprise sewing...cloth bomb? ya I like that! I was going to make it a Cat in the Hat type hat, but got lazy :P




No comments:

Post a Comment