Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Do Epic Shit!!


 Remember the $500 I said I won on a scratch ticket?  Well, I made a good investment in some metal stamping supplies with it.  It's a somewhat pricey start up into a craft, but I have been wanting to buy a stamp set for a while.

Learning metal stamping has made me feel like a TOTAL bad ass.  I got my hammer.  I'm pounding on my anvil block.  I'm a total bad ass blacksmith :P

I even managed to make my very own little metal stamped logo.... Yes, originally I wanted that to be a heart above the TS.  We all see how that went.
<--------------------------


I bought a bag full of these small discs to practice with.  I have since tried stamping on a gold plated key chain, and it's actually much harder.  The copper discs are easy to re-line up the stamp if it doesn't come out.  They are easier to hold in place so you don't get a double stamp.  However, I do plan on moving to better metals once I get the hang of it.

I have since tried stamping onto a gold plated key ring medallion and I fucked up nine medallions before I got it right.  I don't feel like wasting that much money quite yet.  Hence the discs that are easier to line up and not double stamp!






So I decided on a piece to make a bunch of for practice.  I know I know the word is over used now, but I have always loved "Epic" because it just rolls off the tongue.  I also wanted to do something to kind of carry on the positive energy I've had lately looking for opportunities to pay tribute to my wonderful stranger! So, I settled on pendants that say "DO EPIC SHIT"

and I made a lot of them!!!







The "SHIT" ones were my favorite.

I've spent the last month or so creating an epic Pinterest Metal Stamping board.

So here's the deal!  I'm going to be giving away my practice pieces on the Running with Scissors Facebook page.

So, here's the deal.  Follow that link to the facebook page and share my blog.  Share it!  Write a little blurb about it.  The ones that amuse me the most I will send a "DO EPIC SHIT" pendant to the ones that amuse me the most.  Yup, I know that's kinda not fair but think of it likes a cards against humanity.  Cater to your judge :P  I'll also be posting some to the etsy this week if you would just like to purchase one.

Comment if you have other ideas for stamping I can fiddle with.

See you next Tuesday!


















No comments:

Post a Comment