Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Muppet Train to Somerville


I finally made that move I was talking about!  **cheers**  I took the Muppet train to Somerville to get back to a little civilization from the mountains.  I took a much needed whole 2 months off.  The best part of moving back into civilization have been the things to DO!!!  I played a little game of "Where in New England is Klutzz?" while visiting old haunts like Chicken Connection and new ones like winning $500 on a scratch ticket.  I never win anything... I still can't believe it.

Exploring Somerville has been quite a treat.  I wanted to do a blog on Fluff Fest but I didn't end up with enough stuff to write about.  There were too many people to really get close to anything and have fun.  You couldn't even try the cooking contest entries that I could find.  If you could no one was telling us we could.

My favorite thing about Somerville is all the found art.  The old, unused newspaper boxes are turned into terrariums or free libraries.  The bike rail trail is full of upcycled and found art including what I think of as an epic "Where the Wild Things Are" throne.  Don't worry, I'm gathering pictures of all this.  Expect more soon!  Oh yeah, and Q's nuts is a good Somerville staple. (See the picture below)  I am not shitting you, I never would have bought these if it wasn't the beautiful string of "Eat my nuts" puns that went along with the sale.  It was comedy gold.

BUT, I wanted to finally get back to crafting and blogging!!!!  I'm starting it differently this time, bear with me :P.  I decided to start really marketing the blog as more of a documentation of my adventures in learning different techniques.  I'm ADD spectacular and just get
bored doing the same things all the time so it's pointless to start with ONE type of crafting in my etsy.  So, I want to start making a few extras of the items I make for the blogs for selling and give-aways.  Yeah that's right, give-a-ways for all the people begging me to make them one too!

The rules will be simple:  Share the RWS blogs from the facebook page and the person with the pitch that entertains me the most gets a prize :P  I know it's unfair and no way to track it, but let's face it, I do this to entertain myself more than you guy.  So, I don't care if its fair.  It'll be fun!  So, keep an eye out for when I make the things you like so I can selfishly make you promote my blog to get it :D  Hey, at least I'm honest right?

I'm pretty excited for what's to come.  Hopefully soon I will also be posting about a local store in somerville carrying some items I made :D :D :D **crosses fingers**

Anyway, stick around for some chances for some free stuff, and more crafting NOW from back in civilization where people are nice!!!  Hope you had a FANTASTIC Halloween. Shovel dude and I did------->

See you next Tuesday!



1 comment:

  1. So glad to have you back! I look forward to reading your blog every Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete